Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Autocreated printer info for the newbie 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

shrubble

MIS
Jul 23, 2003
US
A couple of our remote users have some print jobs locked up which will not allow themselves to be deleted.

These jobs exist on autocreated printer queues, which are mapped to their local printers. I am wondering if deleting the printers (which are local only to them) from our Citrix box will clear out the locked jobs and allow the printers to be autocreated again, but with empty queues. Also, I'm wondering what problems doing this would cause.

Thanks for the help!

deletion mistake
no I can't recover that
you didn't save it

-Shrubble

Shrubble
To clear print jobs that I can't manually delete, on Autocreate or fix printers, I stop and restart the print spooler.
c:>net stop spooler
c:>net start spooler
(I think this is right, I get the 'stop spooler' spooler stop' order mixed up...{so why would you listen to my advice...}...)

Let me know if deleting the autocreate printer does the trick.

Michael Chase
Senior IS Manager

I'm gonna try your suggestion... the machine won't let me delete the printer, because there is a job locked in it! Thanks for the advice!

deletion mistake
no I can't recover that
you didn't save it

-Shrubble

Thanks - I get so much great information from TT, I'm always glad when I can give some back.

Michael Chase
Senior IS Manager

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back