Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Autocorrect problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

Creeker

MIS
Apr 22, 2002
US
When I type a hyphen in Word or Outlook, it changes to an equal sign and a hyphen (=-). Is this an autocorrect problem or is something else going on. I have checked the autocorrect list and there is no entry like that. Anyone have any suggestions?

As the keys are right next to each other I might suspect a keyboard problem. Have you tried another keyboard?

--Dan
Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it is time to pause and reflect.
Mark Twain

What happens in NotePad?

Skip,
[sub]
[glasses]Have you heard that the roundest knight at King Arthur's round table was...
Sir Cumference![tongue][/sub]

It's the sticky key problem! Never thought to look at the keyboard. This was on a co-workers computer. And indeed there was a little glob of gooey stuff between the keys. Thank you all so much for the help.

TMI ;-)

Skip,
[sub]
[glasses]Have you heard that the roundest knight at King Arthur's round table was...
Sir Cumference![tongue][/sub]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back