Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Autocad, VBA, & Access (#2)

Status
Not open for further replies.

stusic

Technical User
Jan 11, 2012
US
From the thread here: I thought this may be a good place to post a similar question regarding the use of VBA to extract information from an Access database. Although that post (and linked procedure) are helpful for a start, it doesn't cover my problem which is block tables in dynamic blocks.

I have a note bubble that is a dynamic block. Inside this block is a Block Properties Table that lists all the various parts we use. It's handy because I can use one of the columns in the database to create categories, which in turn makes flyouts in the dynamic block.

I am unsure how to link this Block Properties Table to the Access database I use to populate the table. As of now, I simply open up the database and open the note bubble in the block editor, select all of the records in the database and copy/paste them into the table in the block editor. Very inefficient.

Any help to get me going in the right direction would be fantastic. I appreciate it.

-stu

Hi stusic,

You'll need to dig deeper in the dynamic block object and use the
GetDynamicBlockProperties of your Block Reference. Then, just as you would walk a set of attributes, you'll walk this set of DynamicBlockProperties looking for .PropertyName and either setting or getting .Value.

Sorry, I haven't worked with dynamic blocks yet to do what you're trying to do, but hopefully, that'll get you going.

BTW - my information is coming from Acad2012 - not sure how far back they starting supporting this, so YMMV...

Good Luck!
Todd

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back