Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

AutoCAD LT2000i dtext fatal error

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mandy01

Technical User
Jan 14, 2002
GB
I am using AutoCAD LT 2000i and experiencing a problem with the dtext command: when i type in a line of text and hit enter for the text to jump to the line below, do the same again and hit enter to end the line of text, then hit enter a final time to end the command I am getting "fatal error" and AuotCAD terminates. I then have to restore the drawing. This happens every time with this command. Has anyone experienced this problem? If I am typing in several lines ot text of just one letter each I can manage five or six lines, but if I try to type in anything longer, with more than two lines or so the system crashes.

First, try to eliminate what it is not. Try uninstalling and then reinstalling. I can't find any fix from Adesk on this so it probably specific to your install.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back