Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

AutoCad LT 2008 - differences / losses? 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

cresbydotcom

Technical User
May 22, 2006
I have just loaded LT 2008 and tried it.

the Dashboard toolbar collection seems to default off happily next day. Good job it showed itself on first showing. I tried to see if I could load a script on strat-up - which seems to be only allowed via Windows shortcuts.

1) Apart from tinkering in the registry is there any way to run a script when the dwg is invoked (via VBA in Excel actually) as if doubled-clicked in WinExplorer.

2) Then there is the plotting in monochrome. The helpfile says to invoke "Plot style" which is permanently greyed-out. Plot Style manager lists the plot styles and all the usual suspects are there. But I can't apply them!

As it happens - I have selected AutoCad 2000 as the default save option for backward compatibility to existing registered versions around the company and with customers. If this is a factor it is a serious dis-incentive to usage. Except I am now stuck with it. New features and improvement like those above.
Previously had a full version of AutoCad 2002.

Any ideas anyone?

there is a tide in the affairs of man that you Cnut ignore.................

You should be able to run a script on startup in LT. It's controlled by "startup switches" - check that in Help.

I believe the plot styles being greyed out has to do with how a drawing was set up, to use plot styles or ctb files. Commans t oconvet between is something like "convertpstyles" & "convertctb"

I did look for start-up switches but they all refer to command line. ie the old DOS switches - which only invoke from Win Shortcuts or the RUN window.

see HELP
Command line switches are parameters you can add to the acadlt.exe command line associated with a Microsoft® Windows® shortcut icon or the Windows Run dialog box.

invoking an associated app with a file, surely looks in the registry for that switch (if at all).

In VBA I am sure I am savvy enough to try it with a SHELL command but that begs a question about multiple dwg's and how that is handled. And still doesn't address the WinExplorer method.

So - short of messing in the registry is it possible? AFAIK, not. But hope springs eternal.

Aha
In the AutoCAD LT Properties dialog box, Shortcut tab, in the Target box, edit the parameters for the switch using the following syntax:
"drive:pathname\acadlt.exe" ["drawing name"] [/switch "name"]
all of which begs the same question. I ACad is being invoked from the Associated drg in Windows/VBA what will the above intruction do.
I go try.

I forgot clause(1) (the sanity clause - Chico Marx, 1933)
Right-click the program icon on the Windows desktop. Click Properties.
same thing stated twice. Just hit a snake

Back to square 1, throw a ...... a ...... a "1". Bugger.

That's the puppy.

Have a gold star

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back