Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Autocad 2004 on WinXP Pro with multiple profiles

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oct 3, 2001
US
Hello all,
Really need some help here, I have a workgroup, within the workgroup I have one cad station that will have multiple users logging into the that one cad station during the day.
The cad station is Windows XP Pro. How to I install Autocad 2004 onto it so multiple profiles can use it?

They will not be sharing it from different workstations, there are no roaming profiles used in the workgroup. If they want to use Autocad they need to log into that one cad station.

Thanks in advance.

Just when you think that you have your systems up to date, someone finds a new vulnerability.

AutoCAD maintains profiles by way of the registry. The trouble is that each person who logs on get their own registry entries. You could export a profile that you prefer (edit it in notepad to remove user specific settings) and then rename the extension .reg and run it for each user who logs in. You could also create a generic user log in and then let the users use this log in on that station. A couple of ideas..

Does each user use a different set of toolbars, menus etc. for the cad station? if so what i have done is put several shortcuts on the machine designated user1, user2, etc. for each shortcut:right click on the shortcut and go to properties and add a startup switch to the target section of the shortcut for each user. this will cause acad to open with the proper profile for each user.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back