Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

AUTOCAD 2000

Status
Not open for further replies.

yudell426

Technical User
Jul 30, 2005
US
yudell426 (TechnicalUser) Aug 17, 2005
QUESTON: how does one plot stamp drawings in autocad 2000. in later versions of autocad (2002 & up) the plot stamp feature is located in the dialog box of the plot manager. in acad 2000, one has to use the 'rtext' command. i've picked up the arx file from the autodesk webpage, but can't seem to make it work. what should i do to stamp the drawings with the date, time, and file location on the drawing?

you can place a block with attributes which you can fill with all kinds of info. most variables you can find with (getvar "<NAME>"). a full set of variables you find with command: SETVAR ? *. Known "system-variables" you can retrieve with (getenv "<NAME>"), for instance "NETUSER". Once you know how to cycle an "insert" with attributes, you can fill them easily.
you can have several "company" paper-setups with these blocks, you can start with "MVSETUP". These paper-setups are called templates, and that's where you keep them.
I use a full set, and coupled a stamp-filling routine if one scale-zooms in a viewport, so they don't forget to mention the scale on the plots: to plot a drawing is senseless without a proper scale.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back