Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Autocad 2000 missing MSVCRT.DLL:??_U@YAPAXI@Z fault

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cookimon

Technical User
May 19, 2003
US

When I try to start Autocad 2000 I receive a fault that reads: A device attached to the system is not functioning.
The MSVCIRT.DLL file is linked to missing export MSVCRT.DLL:??_U@YAPAXI@Z

I am also running Autocad Lt on this computer but in a different Partician.
Can anyone help? Thank you. Cookimon

From Autodesk....

Issue

When you start AutoCAD® or AutoCAD LT® software, the following error message is displayed:

Error starting program, msvcp60.dll is linked to missing export msvcrt.dll:_lc_collate_cp. Device attached to system is not functioning.

Solution

The problem occurs if you have installed an older version of CorelDRAW®, WordPerfect®, or Bryce®. The installer for these Corel products replaces the msvcrt.dll file with an older version, thus breaking links to msvcp60.dll and possibly other dynamic link library shared support files.

To resolve this problem, uninstall and then reinstall AutoCAD or AutoCAD LT. The Corel product that you have installed will not be adversely affected.

Hello Borgunit,
Thanks for the tip, but I have uninstalled autocad2000/Autocad Lt and reinstalled them, several times, with the same results. Do you have any other suggestions or am I missing something?
Cookimon

Here is somethign else from Autodesk....

Issue

The following error occurs when you start AutoCAD 2000:

procedure entry point ic_collate_cp could not be located in dynamic link library Msvcrt.dll
Solution

AutoCAD 2000 installs several common Dynamic Link Library (DLL) files which are required for operation. These DLL files might have the same names as files that a number of other applications use for operation.

If you install an application that installs a version of these shared files that is incompatible with AutoCAD 2000, AutoCAD 2000 may shut down and display an error referencing a DLL file that it needs to run.

If another program you install overwrites a DLL file that the AutoCAD 2000 setup previously installed, AutoCAD 2000 might fail and provide some pointer and reference to that DLL file.

You might resolve this problem by replacing the DLL file with the DLL file of the same name from the AutoCAD 2000 installation CD. If this does not resolve the problem, contact your AutoCAD reseller for further assistance.

Hi COOKIMON,
Did you resolve the error with Autocad, if so how? as I have the same problem

Regards
Anthony

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back