Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

AutoCAD 14 & Autocad 2002 .dwg file sharing 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

sbnak1

Technical User
Jan 24, 2002
US
I need to be able to send a .dwg to a client or a consultant that has multiple xrefs. However, I do not want the .dwg to be editable. How do I do this for both R14 & R2002?

I have experimented with the export command and created a .bmp image, but after the .bmp image was created I could not veiw the image to see if it worked.

A .dxf wont work becuase I think as it is editable. Any ideas?

Thank you in advance.
Sbnak1

You could try the DWF export. The drawing/file would be viewable in Autodesk's standalone viewers (like Volo View Express, WHIP and the new Express Viewer), downloadable from the Autodesk site.

This means it wouldn't matter which version of AutoCAD the end-user had and the drawing would NOT be editable.

You have to 'plot' DWF's, so look at the PLOT command and select the DWF Plotter option (in R2002), not sure if R14 has a DWFOUT facility though.

Hope this helps,
thefonzzz

The Fonzzz is right. The best choice is dwf, but the client will have to get the free viewer. We use WMF also. It pastes into any Windows program and quality can be controlled also.

You could use PDF.

Most people have Acrobat Viewer.
No extra plugins/programs to download.

You can use Ghostscript to make the PDFs.

Nick
nick.hall@altasystems.co.uk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back