Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Autoattendant

Status
Not open for further replies.

johnboy03

Technical User
Oct 6, 2010
GB
Can someone please help me, I am tryng to set up an autoattendant from scratch, so that our receptionist can transfer calls straight into a stations voicemail instead of having to go via the cover path. Thanks

Their may be an easier way. If these calls are calls that come in and go to someone else station then roll to her? Then she can use the direct transfer to audix feature access codes to send those calls directly to that persons mailbox. Look under "ch fea"
Transfer to Voice Mail Access Code xx

If that doesn't get you where you need to be, let me know and I'll help with the AA..

When is the last time you helped someone, just because you were able to?

For the best response to a question, read faq690-6594

I think I have looked at that before, will it allow you to specify the particular stations voice mail? i.e Receptionist takes call, caller asks to speak to person, receptionist transfers the call straight into that persons voicemail?

That feature works when she takes a call that rolls to her from a coverage path. She can then hit transfer xx transfer and it goes directly to that persons VM box.

The calls are coming in from a outside number to a single DDI that represents the reception number, not from the person who she is trying to tranfer to voicemail extension cover path. Will this require an auto attendant?

In that case. YES

What VM box (audix, Intuity, MM)do you have? Or if you have vectoring and announcements we can do it that way.

I know this is a bit more long winded for the receptionist but she can still
1. put the caller on hold
2. call the voicemail - main menu
3. get to the VM otption...enter the number you wish to leave a message for...depends what vm yor using
4. txfr the call ....the outdisde caller should now start to hear the greeting for the mailbox the recptionist just wen to leave a message for

step 3 above ....you could always set up an autodai or ab dial to call VM pause (~p) then input the dtmf tone to get to this point instantly ....good luck

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back