Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Autoattendant setup 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

egitech

IS-IT--Management
May 17, 2004
US
I'm trying to setup a new autoattendant application for a new external number. So far I've had the new DID activated. I've create the app in App Builder and associated it to an SDN in CallPilot. I've also create an ACD to forward calls into this new DID to the new application. I am getting a 'call cannot be completed at this time' message when attempting to test it. What am I missing? Sorry I'm fairly new to setting this up. Thanks.

I´m trying to get to work an automativ attendant: How Do I link an application (automatic Attendant) create in the application Builder with a SDN Table, for instance, If I want to have to different automatic attendant, each one should be link to a SDN table.
I created an application with the ID 1002 (In the application Builder) and a Service DN 7000 for Voice Messaging, but I dont see where to link the application and the Service DN

that recording sounds more like a network recording.. call pilot would say the user does not subscribe.. how did you forward the call to the call pilot? either way change the forward to your dn.. call it to see if it works internal as well as external

john poole
bellsouth business
columbia,sc

I created an acd queue for DN 2166 (our new DID is 786-2166) and setup NCFW to 7000 (our voice messaging DN). The SDN is configured as 2166 as well.

Try dialing 2166 internally and see if it works that way; this way you can determine if it is "network" problem or a configuration problem between the PBX and the Call Pilot. Is this a networked environment by chance?

I do get the same recorded message when dialed internally.

When you associated the SDN in the Call Pilot, did you leave all other values at default? If not, there is a reset default button, you may want to reset it. Are you in a network environment? You may want to try buiding a phantom, rather than an ACD queue and see if that works any better, I have had that happen.

I did leave the other settings in CallPilot SDN as default. It is a networked environment. How would I go about creating a phantom? I've never created one. Thx.

If you are trying to go across the network to hit the Call Pilot, you should be doing it through a phantom, especially if it is an IP network, but I have seen this happen on regular point-to-point circutis also. You have to create a phantom loop first, then you create a 500 set on the phantom that has FTR DCFW xxxx where xxxx is the DN of your Call Pilot.

some one needs to confirm this but when i need a "soft" set i've used the digital ports above tn x x x 15.. one set i built for a rcfw control on my tn plus 16 64 0 14 30.. it works for that app. i don't have a place to add a phantom loop, my 81 is in need of a fugi upgrade,, all 5 networks are so close to full i can add the -1 ipes and maybe 3 or 4 more pri's if i move a little stuff around.. lots of space was wasted with fiber remotes.. the fiber interface card takes up the complete loop and some of them have less then 20 sets.. a card option remote would have replaced at least 4 of my fiber remotes

john poole
bellsouth business
columbia,sc

The phantom loop actually gets built as a phantom. When you go into LD 97, you make by putting N xx (loop number). Because it is a "phantom" it also has some unique rules such as the DN must be unique. The soft phones built over the 15th unit, do not carry the same attributes. You better not want to do an IP networking, because then you have to build virtual loops also. Sounds like more network loops are in order (upgrade)!!

Superloop 96 exists on my switch, but how do I know where the phantom ports start. Our VOIP sets start at TN 61.x. We are on a Succession 1000 platform v.2

LD 22
PRT CEQU

You will probably see that V96 which indicates that it is a virtual loop; can you build 100 as a phantom? A phantom loop will appear with an "N" in front of it.

Interestingly enough the original problem doesn't seem to be caused by either the ACD setup or lack of a phantom. It appears that CallPilot is generating the error message 'call cannot be completed at this time...'. The reason I know this is because I tried a different(known working) voice application with the new ACD and SDN I had setup and that works. When I switch back to the new voice app, I get the error message again. Is the app incomplete? I can't see anything visibly wrong with it. There are no pink blocks or error messages in App Builder. What could be missing in this new voice app to cause this?

Yes. There is only 1 recording for the main menu, with 4 options that thru-dial to existing extensions. Pretty simple app.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back