Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Auto Updating Web Page

Status
Not open for further replies.

FUBAR911

MIS
Sep 30, 2002
GB
Hi all,

I want to use a web page as a desktop on our dumb terminals. Would it be possible to set this page to check if there is a newer version on the intranet server everytime the terminal is started? The dumb terminal will be a Windows XP machine of which the explorer shell is replaced. Further will it be possible to lock the properties of the page so users cant modify it?

Thank You

You may be able to use META tags on that page to prevent a browser cacheing it.
Do you have the ability to edit the page?

"I'm making time

I have not created the page yet. Only wanted to know if it was possible. The page should not be changed once rolled out to the terminal. I want the page to cache on the terminal so that should the connection be unavailable the page will still appear on the terminal. I want to use this page as a notice board if we expect any problems. The page should update seamlessly if it finds a newer version on a local intranet server.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back