Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

auto update tables data type via external app

Status
Not open for further replies.

kevinwilson

Technical User
Jul 13, 2001
US
Hello all,
Hoping someone can assist in my problem. I have 10 Access applications (front/back end) scattered about the Pacific, each app is the same. I have recently modified fields (data type) in the back end tables and want to field the update via automated script that would update the required fields.

Would greatly appreciate all constructive ideas!

Much thanks.

You could use vbscript to open the database and change the fields datatype. Search for 'Excel' in the vbscript forum and you should find some good ideas.

[blue]"Well, once again my friend, we find that science is a two headed beast. One head is nice, it gives us aspirin and other modern conveniences,...but the other head of science is BAD! Oh, beware the other head of science, Arthur; it bites!!" - The Tick[/blue]

Tom, thank you. I will concentrate my efforts there.

Mahalo.

E komo mai. Post back here or there if you have problems.

[blue]"Well, once again my friend, we find that science is a two headed beast. One head is nice, it gives us aspirin and other modern conveniences,...but the other head of science is BAD! Oh, beware the other head of science, Arthur; it bites!!" - The Tick[/blue]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back