Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Auto update info between Indesign documents

Status
Not open for further replies.

krillo

Technical User
Feb 15, 2007
SE
Hi!

I have x amounts of datasheets over products and the footer has a lot of different adresses to various companies. These tend to change a lot and a lot of editing haws to take place over all of the documents.

I was trying to think of a way to speed up this process. One of my ideas were to make the adress into a mounted EPS image. That way I could just edit one image and then just update the link, saving some time.

But are there any other ways that might be smarter or even more efficient? Maybe something that would not even demand that I press the update link button?

Kris

You can change your preferences so that a placed text file remains linked and will update when changes are made. It will work just like the linked EPS option, but you'll be dealing with text instead of a graphic...I find it to be much quicker.

In your preferences, under the Type pane, check Create Links When Placing Text and Spreadsheet Files.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back