Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Auto Update Architect and Novell

Status
Not open for further replies.

Whipped

Technical User
Apr 1, 2004
GB
Ok, strange problem here.

I am running Auto Update Architect v1.1.1 on a Windows 2000 machine. This machine has the novell client installed and autologs in to both Novell and the local windows account.

AUA pulls off of the NAI site fine and dumps the files into a repository on the local machine.

I then setup two distributed repositories for the two novell servers I needed to update to.
Creating them as UNC repositories and using the logged in novell user that has read/write access to the servers.

If I then do a manual replication, it all works fine. However, A sheduled replication fails.

I just can't get my head around why a maul replication would work when a scheduled one wouldn't.

On a manual update the log file reports this :-

Connecting to UNC Server: bumble
Failed to MAP share using NetAPI now using WNetAddConnection2
Network Share \\bumble\apps mapped
Connected to UNC Server: bumble

But on the scheduled update I get this :
Connecting to UNC Server: bumble
Failed to map share using WNetAddConnection2
Trying logged on user account privilege for impersonation
Impersonated logged on user token successfully
Network Share \\bumble\apps mapped

Anyone else had this problem?

It's because your are logged in when you do a manual replication, I've actually done this before and that's the problem I was having, It was because I was logged in, mapped to the drive and when the manual replication ran it used my account, try this, make sure the replication accout you are using for the scheduled task has both a Novell and AD account and give it more rights to that directory, I found that I had to give the replication user almost Admin right and read/write wasn't enough.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back