Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Auto Send/Retrieve won't stay checked

Status
Not open for further replies.

HKenworthy

Technical User
Apr 11, 2007
US
I can't get the Auto Send/Retrieve to stay checked. I have to go to Accounts Send/Retrieve every time I want to get my e-mail. I have tried clicking on Auto Send/Retrieve in the Accounts menu as well as going into Account Options and General Options and checking the boxes: Send/Retrieve All Marked Accounts every... and Send/REtrieve All Marked Accounts at startup

Nothing works. I will select these, but they don't stay set.

Any help or suggestions would be appreciated.

Sorry, I should have told you, I'm on an XP machine using GroupWise 7.0

We are using Caching Mode, so we have to use Send/Retrieve in order to get or send mail.

Ok. So you are running the base GW7.0 client? No service packs? I would recommend downloading and installing GW7 SP1 IR1 (Dec 2006 release).... Or SP2 will be released soon.

There were 1000's of bugs in the initial client release, and I have found the gw7sp1 to be solid. That would be my first step. If you still have problems, troubleshoot from there.

BTW, you should apply the patch to all the agents, then update the clients. I have a guide published on my website on how to automatically update your groupwise clients, so it's not a hassle at all. Go here:
Marvin Huffaker, MCNE

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back