Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Auto Save Excel

Status
Not open for further replies.

JackBurton07

IS-IT--Management
Oct 17, 2007
GB
Hi

I want to write a function in vba to save excel automatically, overwriting the existing excel 2007 workbook.

Something like this?

Sub SaveIt()

Thisworkbook.Save

Application.OnTime Now + TimeSerial(0, 1, 0), "SaveIt"

End Sub

Hi jack,
Do u want to save the workbook in the same name or do u need to get the name from the user using which the workbook has to be saved ?

- Arun

Hi

sorry about the delay - have been out of town for ages.

Yeah i just wanted to overwrite the existing file automatically

JackBurton07,

I notice that over the past 9 months, you have posted 30 threads and have received many good tips related to your stated needs. Yet, you have responded NOT ONCE, to
[blue]
Thank Tek-Tip Contributor
for this valuable post!
[/blue].

The Stars accomplish several important things.

First, it gives positive feedback to contributors, that their posts have been helpful.

Second, it identifies threads as containing helpful posts, so that other members can benefit.

And third, it identifies the original poster (that's YOU, BTW), as a grateful member, that not only receives, but is willing to give tokens of thanks.

Skip,
[sub]
[glasses]Just traded in my old subtlety...
for a NUANCE![tongue][/sub]

im sorry i didnt realize that this Stars service was used. I will use this in the future.

FYI I am very grateful from the help that I have received - it is invaluable.

Please accept my apologies.

JB

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back