Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Auto-run Access 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

nmc1975

MIS
Oct 23, 2001
US
I want to know how to have Access 97 run by itself each morning at 3am to run some macros I've set up so that my reports are ready when I come in at 8am.

Can anybody help?

Hi!

If you have Windows 2K you can go to the control panel and select Scheduled tasks. Then select Add a task and it will lead you through a wizard that will allow you to set your database to run daily at the same time.

hth
Jeff Bridgham
bridgham@purdue.edu

If you don't have Win2K, you can go to download.cnet.com and download a free scheduler that can accomplish this. One such free scheduler is Poltergeist, which I currently use.

A Scheduler is the only way to launch Access 97 - to get your program to carry out all the necessary work automatically, create a macro called autoexec - get it to run your other macros, and have a final line in your autoexec macro that closes Access 97 - just to tidy up.

bye

Martin

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back