Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

auto ringdown on idle line

Status
Not open for further replies.

wichie13

Technical User
Feb 4, 2002
CA
Looking to see if there is a way to program an analog station to ring another extension after the receiver has been picked up and nothing dialed after a certain amount of time.

Thanks

yes it called a hot line destination make an entry on the abbreviated dialing personal list for this extension, set it to where you want it to ring too, next on the station form on page 3 or 4 go to abbreviated dialing go to list 1 and define it as personal next scroll down to hot line destination and enter 1, so now when phone is picked up it will look to the personal abbreviated dialing list entry 1 and will dial when handset is lifted

thanks Joe but I don't want to make it a hotline, I want it to ring a destination if the other party hangs up and the handset is not hung up or if someone picks up the handset but doesn't dial after a set time.

Thanks

look at off hook alert
display system-parameters features Page 4 of 21
FEATURE-RELATED SYSTEM PARAMETERS
Reserved Slots for Attendant Priority Queue: 5
Time before Off-hook Alert: 10
Emergency Access Redirection Extension:
Number of Emergency Calls Allowed in Attendant Queue: 5
Drop Parking User From the Call After Timeout? n
Deluxe Paging and Call Park Timeout to Originator? n
Controlled Outward Restriction Intercept Treatment: tone
Controlled Termination Restriction (Do Not Disturb): tone