Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Auto Reply

Status
Not open for further replies.

sankaku

IS-IT--Management
Aug 1, 2002
CA
Hello all, I currently have a rule setup to Autoreply to all incoming mail to one of our mail accounts. However this rule only works on mail that is sent from inside my domain. When the message is from an email address external to our domain the user gets no response. I am running exchange 5.5 with outlook 2000. The rule I have setup checks all messages as they are and has the server reply with a specified template. If anyone has any suggestions it would be greatly appreciated.

Hi

well this is simple

In Microsoft outlook

Go to Tools->Out of office Assistant

And perform the necessary settings

Regards
Tarun

And ensure auto-replies to the internet is enabled on the IMC for that to work.

Thank you for the advise. I do not wish tohave the rep;ly say out of office reply, so I will not be going that route. Where in the IMC do I enable auto-replies to the internet in the IMC. I am familiar with where I can disable them and I have ensured that it is not selected. Thank you.

Thats the spot, if it's not disabled it's enabled :)

How do you currently have the forwarding setup ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back