Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Auto Reply settings for Out of Office

Status
Not open for further replies.

baguiar

IS-IT--Management
Nov 5, 2007
US
Hi there,

I have a situation where when a user has the out-of-office turned on, and receives an email from one of our CRM systems, the OOF tries to send the message back to the original sender "From" and not to the "on behalf of". When my CRM system sends an email to an user it sends with the "from" address "no-reply@emailxxx.com" ON BEHALF OF "mary@myregulardomain.com". Example:

Mary uses the CRM to trigger an email to John. John has his email set to "out of office". When the email is triggered by my CRM, it reaches John's mailbox with settings:

- FROM:"no-reply@emailxxx.com" ON BEHALF OF "mary@myregulardomain.com".

The way it is now, My exchange sends an auto-reply message (due to John's out of office being turned on) to the original SENDER (no-reply@emailxxx.com) and NOT also to the "ON BEHALF OF" (mary@myregulardomain.com).

Lets say that John has his outlook open and looks at the message and hits "REPLY", it actually replies to Mary's email just fine and NOT to the "no-reply@emailxxx..com". This happens ONLY in outlook and not automaticaly on Exchange.

How can I set my exchange to auto-reply messages to the "On Behalf of" as well ?

Thanks a lot!
B

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back