Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Auto reply email in Outlook

Status
Not open for further replies.

Waiman

Programmer
Sep 11, 2001
GB
I'm trying to get an email to automatically send itself back to the sender in a range of outlook clients, from outlook 95 to 2000. I'm new to VB/VBA and would like advice as to how to approach this.

More Detail:
This email will be a request for purchasing approval. The odd thing is, for legal reasons an accountant has to be the approver, but it is the business manager who actually makes the decision to make the purchase in the first place.

The people who will be using this email will be on a range of outlook client versions.

The aim is that business managers send an email seeking approval from various accountants. The email automatically gets back to the business manager.

- Are there security implications doing this? (i.e. do I have to set anything to make sure it works?)
- Can an email be set up to send itself back to the sender without being read by the recipient(i.e. accountant)?

Any help much appreciated.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back