Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

auto refresh report in CR 8.5

Status
Not open for further replies.

jrhessey

IS-IT--Management
Feb 25, 2005
I've been looking in here and on the net trying to figure out is I can auto refresh a report in Crystal 8.5, but can't find anything. Is there any way I can auto-refresh a report in CR 8.5? Thanks for any help!

Lots of ways, if you mean refresh the data and perhaps distribute the report.

Here's a listing of 3rd party products:

Also Crystal sells Crystal Enterprise, which was for scheduling and distributing reports.

And the kludgy solution would be to download a macro recorder and scheduling program from a freeware or shareware site.

-k

If you clarify what you mean by "refresh", it would be easier to suggest the best solution. There's at least one 3rd-party viewer that lets the user specify that the preview (on the screen) should auto-refresh every N seconds.

- Ido

view, e-mail, export, burst, distribute, and schedule Crystal Reports.

that's exactly what I'm look for.

As K indicated above, you can see a list of 3rd-party viewers at:
My DataLink Viewer provides such auto-refresh functionality. When you click the refresh button (in the Preview toolbar), you get an option to turn on auto-refresh and specify the interval. This starts auto-refresh cycles. You can stop the auto-refresh by clicking the Refresh button again.

- Ido

view, e-mail, export, burst, distribute, and schedule Crystal Reports.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back