Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Auto QoS question? 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

cajuntank

IS-IT--Management
May 20, 2003
US
I have a small branch location that I access across a T1 using some 2600 series routers. I just put in a new Avaya VoIP phone system at my main and this little branch locale and have my internal HP switches configured for best practice QoS implementation when it comes to the Avaya CM and handsets. It's been a while for me when it comes to QoS on Cisco and was looking like I could run the "auto discovery qos trust" command on my serial interface on both ends and then the "auto qos voip trust" after it discovers that info.

Does this look correct, and if so, how long would I need it to "discover". If not, then can someone point me in a better direction?

Thanks.

the auto qos voip configuration optimizes the config for voip (obviously) and reserves 70% of bandwidth for voice bearer traffic, 5% for control traffic, and the rest for everything else. if these values won't work for you then you can go into the policy-map and change them around. auto qos voip is not very granular so it may or may not work for you depending on what other applications need to have some bandwidth guarantees

as for the discovery process, you can do it if you want, but your auto qos config is set for voip and that is what will be applied.

That what I thought. Been out of the Cisco realm for some time and just making sure.

Thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back