Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Auto Privacy Question ???

Status
Not open for further replies.

coop333

Vendor
Jan 26, 2004
US
I have a customer with a need to have a loop start line available for anyone to pick up on. The auto privacy will only allow two phones same as 3 party conference. Looking for ideas ??? Also they would be even happier if I could make this line ring the phones but transmit the conversation across the paging system or any isolated speaker during the pm hours. I know this is strange but they have a reason. Thanks

After all these years, I still learn somethin' new about Norstar almost every week. I had no idea that without the privacy feature that only two parties could access the line but it does make sense because of the volume loss issue.

I think Valcom makes a page zone controller that does something like that though.

Phonehed in Dallas

This may also help depending on what they're really trying to accomplish.

If I'm not mistaken, it is possible to set up a disa dn and then dial in and directly access paging.

Phonehed in Dallas

Disa is a good thought. I'll look into that. Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back