Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Auto print command

Status
Not open for further replies.

NeilMFC

Technical User
May 20, 2004
GB
Hi everyone complete newbie here

My company are changing over from our old case management system and require a command for auto printing.

Currently our old system one we call a document it wil open in word and print. Hpwever we cannot find a way for progress to do this.

This would be brillent if we could do this and would love to know how.

However if possible we would like to go one step further, we currently also have 2 check boxes whilst in the file before calling a document, this is set to print however and be changed to Word so the document only opens in word and does not prnt

Any help, be so kindly appreciated

Thanks in advance

Neil

If I understand, you want to be able to print a word document from Progress, and open a word document in word, correct? What version of Progress do you have?

Rich

Sorry, I'm having troubles finding my code for doing this. Opening in Word was easy, printing wasn't because we didn't want the file to open in word, just print. I remember we got it to work, now I just have to find that code. When I do I'll post it for you.

Rich

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back