Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Auto-populating fields(attempt #2)

Status
Not open for further replies.

bdasp1

Technical User
Jan 9, 2002
US
Hello all,

I've set up a form for my CSR's while processing orders and I'm stumped on this one last item. Here's a brief set-up:

A drop down menu selection is Automatically chosen once the page is loaded. This is keyed from the customer's registration. A couple examples from the drop down menu-

XX-3MO
XX-6VC

(XX being the service package, 3MO being a 3-month money order and 6VC being a 6 month Virtual Check)etc, etc.

This is what I want to accomplish:

When the CSR types in the Billing Date, I would like for the Expiration Date to be populated upon hitting the 'Tab' key.

For example:

A CSR creates a new account and the following Package is already selected:

XX-3MO

... the CSR then types in the 2-digit billing date in the next field down:

... at this point the CSR hits the 'Tab' key. How can I get the scrip to reference both the Package and the Billing Date to return(in this example):

2002/04/09

Can this be done? I am truly sorry that this is so long winded, it's just driving me crazy!!! Thanks to all. This is a great site.

it is a bit hard to follow you.

From what i can read you for your "tab key_press" command you need an ascii value of which the tab button as far as i know dosent exist.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back