Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Auto populate ListBox Value on Data Entry Form

Status
Not open for further replies.

ppeel

Programmer
Dec 7, 2004
US
It's been quite some time since I've used Access for data entry and I need some help. I have a form with a Listbox. The RowSource is a list I typed in. Just 2 rows with 2 Columns: "Checking Account";"DA";"Savings Account";"SG" . only column 2 is bound
On this form there is a Control for Member ID, when the user enters a Member ID, a query runs and if the member ID does not exist, the form's controls are entered by the user. If the member does exist, I want to automatically populate the controls with the query results. And it works well except for the listbox control. I'm not clear on how to set the Value for the listbox so it shows in the control.
Note the result I get from the query is "DA" or "SG", but what I want to show in the listbox control is "Checking Account" or "Savings Account".
Any help is greatly appreciated.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back