Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

auto-overclocking to save energy on XP - EasyTune5

Status
Not open for further replies.

redwire

Technical User
Jul 31, 2014
CZ
Hi, I have M/B Gigabite GA-MA770-DS3 and CPU AMD Athlon 64 X2 dual core 6000+ 3.11 Ghz. Drivers & EasyTune 5 installed (delivered on DVD from manufacturer). Windows 7 64 bit and XP 32 bit installed on my computer.

I have found that when I run the EasyTune5 is shows e.g. 2600 Mhz just after start of Windows 7, but then it is steady on 1000 MHz when the CPU is at 0-1% of use. So jobs like reading webpage or writing to editor does not consume much power. However when I am on the Windows XP, so there is about 3100 Mhz and I cannot get it down (no I do not overclocking manually, I wish not to damage my PC, but I would like this to be auto-change). Even if I press the Go button on EasyTune5 so it will get to 3094 Mhz which is just -6 Hz. I would like to get on 1000 Mhz when reading or typing and no jobs like converting, compiling or archiving is processed at the moment.

Restore Fail Safe Defaults in Bios settings. Overclocking occur due to change in bios.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back