Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Auto Msg Waiting Capacities

Status
Not open for further replies.

dallas1

Technical User
Feb 5, 2002
US
Does anyone know where I find how many aut-msg-wt lights we can have? Need to increase the capacity if we can. Any help would be appreciated. Thank you!

there is no way to increase capacity except by moving to another platform/upgrade. since you have an issue, does this mean you are on a g3si?

-CL

Our PBX is an S8700....so what could be the issue?

what is the problem exactly? you have a group mailbox and you are trying to add an aut-msg-wt light for that box onto a bunch of phones? and you are getting an error light "maximum aut-msg lights exceeded"?

if so, how many do you think you have? try "list usag ext xxxx" to see how many extensions you have this added to.

-CL

I was trying to dup a station that had it. The PBX kept telling me that "No space available to add data". I was able to dup the station once I removed the aut-msg-wt from it. There are currently 80 users with that aut-msg-wt extension....that strikes me as high.

Yeah, the si limit was like 12. Seeing how only 1 subscriber can log into a mailbox at once anyway, yeah 80 is HIGH. Time to reevaluate what they are trying to do. Maybe only people responsible for checking the mailbox need this as 80 people cant possibly be each checking the box.

-CL

As soon as I saw there was 80....I figured it was time to ask...thanks a million for your help!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back