Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Auto Mail Forward-Lotus Notes

Status
Not open for further replies.

unixisbest

Technical User
Jul 11, 2005
Hi guys,
I guess i need some formulas for auto forwarding.
I have already created an agent to auto forward all the mails to another outside e-mail account. I can do this but the problem is when user get the mail he\she can not see the original sender name. Is there a way to set this agent as like mail can forward without any changes with from or subject fields?

Have you tried to set the forwarding address in the Domino Directory? This will forward all mail to internal/external address as preferred - But it will forward ALL mail.

If that is not what you want, there is in basis 2 methods that can be used; None of them are 'perfect', but will do MOST of the things you wants done.

Use LotusScript or Java, add the original FROM into the REPLYTO field, so the return/reply is secured. Also try to set the FROM and PRINCIPAL field to the originator, but be aware: If there is any RELAY protection on the domino server this can (most probably will) fail. REPLYTO can make sure the originator are the one being replied to...

The other method is a little bit more 'dirty', but still possible to maintain a little bit more of the original data. The method is to WRITE the new memo DIRECTLY to mail.box, but any relay issues will apply here too...

Brgds,

TrooDOS

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back