Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Auto login

Status
Not open for further replies.

TarsierSpectral

IS-IT--Management
Oct 21, 2003
US
So, I have all the users setup so the are automatically logged in when they use IE and it works great. Sharepoint just uses their domain username and password. But I have one computer that just won't automatically log in. That computer is setup exactly the same as other computers. Anyone has any clues?

Tarsier

Check the trusted sites/internet settings in IE.
Check the settings for proxy in IE.
Check the automatically detect settings.

Does this happen to the same user if they log into someone else's computer?
If they have no trouble, then it is something specific with their computer/settings.
If they have trouble then it is probably related to their account/profile.
Try deleting their profile on their computer (under documents and settings or users depending on the OS).
You could also try deleting their AD account and create a new one for them.

Chris

trusted sites are OK
what are the settings for proxy? I never had to change that

If the user logs into someone else's computer, there is no problem
If I log into her computer, I have no problem

Maybe I should just copy her profile to a new one?

If she can log into another computer and it works then it's not her AD profile.

The proxy settings are under Tools -> Internet Options -> Connections -> Lan Settings.
I would compare her proxy settings with yours to make sure they are same.

I would recommend reseting her IE settings to the default settings.
Tools -> Internet Options -> Advanced Tab -> reset button.

If that doesn't work delete her local profile (backup it first just in case she has anything she will need lated ie my documents).

Her local profile will be under the c: drive "documents and settings" or "users" (depending on the OS) and there will be a folder with her username.

There is something specific to her user on that specific pc that is causing this problem.

I hope that helps.

Chris

I think I will reformat her drive, she has been having other issues. Thanks for your help!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back