Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Auto-Login on Off-Premise Message Notification?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ryumaou

MIS
Dec 1, 2006
US
Hi!

I saw a couple of posts regarding CallPilot and Off-Premise Notification, but none that seem to answer my issue.
I'd like to have the CP system call the user and let them automatically login (ie. get right to their voice prompt and messages without entering any extra keys or their password). I've been through the documentation, but I can't find anything about this. Also, while I've seen several references to CP versions, the only version number I can find is 37.00.95.22 I'm an old hand at IT functions, but it's been a very long time since I've done phone tech, so any help would be appreciated!

Thanks,
Jim (aka RyuMaou)

Auto logon is only allowed when you are calling into CallPilot from the extension owning the mailbox. It is designed to prevent other phone numbers from accessing without entering a password.

You can program external numbers (cell phone, home phone number, etc) into the extension dn fields of the users mailbox for auto login. But when CallPilot outcalls to a user they must press one to login into their mailbox. Auto login will only work when a users calls into voice mail not when they are called via remote notification.

That's sort of what I was afraid of. Our old voice-mail system had people set up with the auto-login.

Is there a way to keep it from leaving a voice-mail on the user's phone when it can't get through to them?

Thanks,
Jim

I do not think so. You could try using remote text notification which will send a text message to the cell phone, or if you are using a blackberry device send a text message to the users email account. If using blackberry's you can create a contact and refernce the CallPilot address that sends the text notification and program the external dial in number with the contact information, then with a few clicks you can call into voicemail.

I'd *love* to try that, but the only way I can see to set that up is to setup the paging function, but that doesn't seem to work sending to a cell phone. Any idea where to look in the manuals to configure SMS notification? Or e-mail even? I can't seem to find either.

Thanks again for all the info so far! Not the answer I'd like, but it's nice to know that I haven't been missing something obvious!!

Thanks again,
Jim

What version of CallPilot do you have? Your earlier post mentioned 37.00.95.22 is this on a BCM system? I have not work on the CallPilot for that system only the ones connected to PBX's (Opt's 11c,61c,81c).

Yes, this is on a BCM400.
I'm totally new to the Nortel series of switches and CallPilot software, so I'm not alway sure what information to provide. If there's any setting I should check for you, just let me know and I'll get it back to the forum here ASAP.

I really appreciate all the help!
Jim

The infromation that I gave you was referring to the CallPilot on the larger systems. You should try and post this question in the BCM forum.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back