Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Auto incrementing timeline

Status
Not open for further replies.

Spaniard

MIS
Jul 23, 2002
US
Hi,
I want a report to show a 24 hour time line with the starting value being the start time of a product run and incrementing one hour for 24 hours.
Example:
Product starts at 3:00 PM

Timeline should look like this:
3 PM 4 PM 5 PM 6 PM 7 PM 8 PM 9 PM 10 PM 11 PM...etc

Any suggestions? I know I need to build a string, but I'm not sure how to do it.

Thanks,
SWK

Each form has a timer event. Check the help files for details.

Timer event won't do it...this is a user-initiated report and is not run regularly. This is a scheduling database and the timeline serves to show when the product is scheduled to run. If the schedule calls for the run to be from 3 PM to 5 PM, a bar fills in the specified time slot.

Rather than build a static timeline starting at 12 AM, I would like the timeline to start at the specified product start time (in this case, 3 PM).

SKW

could you provide more details on what you want the timeline to look like?

Is the time axis horizontal or vertical? What's the likely maximum number of items to be included in a single time slot?

Beetee,
Thanks for responding. After several hours of brow-beating, I figured it out. I'm relatively inexperienced with coding, so it takes me a little longer to figure out how to do what I need. I can post the code if you are interested (I'm sure there is a better way to do it!).

SKW

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back