Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Auto increment a no. on opening a templete. 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

cyberdyne

Programmer
May 1, 2001
IN
Hi !

I made a templete for my invoice.
( with the the help of repliers of KenWright and Dreamboat. Thanks to both of them.)

I now want to have something like auto increment of invoice no. suppose I have made last bill with no 35, when I open templete for new bill it shoud show bill no. as 36.

Is it possible in excel 2000 ?

can any one help ?

Thanks in advance.

regards

Apoorva

regards

Apoorva
An [indian] uses [pc2]

What solution I give is according to best of my knowledge and the information / feedback that you provide. So tell us more and we can lead you to right direction.
Internet is a tool respect it and use it for human wellfair.

Can any one help in this ?
I need it so badly.
If on opening templete it cant be done then, it is ok if any how the no. gets increased by 1.

Share some ideas.
Thanks.

regards

waiting for some solution.

Apoorva

regards

Apoorva
An [indian] uses [pc2]

What solution I give is according to best of my knowledge and the information / feedback that you provide. So tell us more and we can lead you to right direction.
Internet is a tool respect it and use it for human wellfair.

Pete - That's a great summary of the possibilities. They each have their + and - points but any one of them would do the trick.

1 is very tidy, no extra files lying around, but you need to leave the template in a modifiable state which is sometimes risky

2 is a neat way to use a file with minimal coding and Doug explains why...

3 ...is probably inadvisable in this instance. However, no files need modifying.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back