Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

auto hold when bouncing from line to line, CICs 7.1

Status
Not open for further replies.

pbxphoneman

Technical User
Oct 4, 2002
I have a customer that has a bad habit of not hanging up the line he is currently dialing on when another line rings...he just pushes the line that is ringing and thus puts the other line he was calling out on..on hold...tieing up a line.
Is there a way to remove the "auto hold" type feature that is putting the line on hold when he does this?

Under the Line programming turn off Full Auto Hold

Hawks.. it only does this after the cust dials at least one digit.Full auto hold is set to NO already. I think this is just what the system does I guess.If you don't dial anything on a line...and then bounce to another..it doesn't hold it...which is GOOD..lol..The customer is tieing up all his lines cause he bounces from a call he starts...then goes to a ringing line..without hitting release first... it puts the first call on hold..

thanks for the fast reply !!

You are correct if they start to dial a number after accessing a line. I missed the part about them starting to dial.

There's Full Auto Hold under Capabilities per telephone. Make sure that is "N". It comes default as "Y". In older software, it would screw up Ftr986, but I think it works now.

Adversity is Opportunity

I'll check that out come Monday... right now I'm going to enjoy a beer to forget about Monday <s> ..be well...thanks for all the info gang !!!
T

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back