Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Auto goto next page???

Status
Not open for further replies.

JohnVideo

Technical User
Mar 23, 2004
US
I have a index page that has an active x video that is imbedded in the page that plays when you first log onto my site. It is sort like a first play on a dvd. After the video on the page plays, I want the page to automatically go to my next page (index2). How do I do this? Is there some code I can put on the page or is there a parameter that I need to add to the active x movie to make the whole page move on.
Thanks,
John Schenkel

how are u "auto-playing" this video (javascript?) and did u create the active x file?
in general:
-u could use javascript to redirect after it is played
- edit the active x file to do it...concept is the same....
but you need to share some code from the page (for JS tweaks) or write more about active X file created...
All the best!

> need more info?
:: don't click HERE ::

Here is how I did it. Just to let you know, I am a total newbie. I got the info from Macromedia's website. Here is the link:

I am using Dreamweaver MX and my file is a .wmv. I hope this helps and I really appreciate your time and help!

Thanks,
John

one of the easiest ways would be to "time" the sound file.....so if u know that your file is 10 sec. long just add a load time (avg. 1-2 seconds) and then redirect.
You can do it using JavaScript:

but above all look into converting your vmv file to some other more compact format....more info on:

All the best!

> need more info?
:: don't click HERE ::

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back