Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Auto forwarding spam

Status
Not open for further replies.

GoetzPrinting

IS-IT--Management
Feb 22, 2012
US
Currently the company I work for is using Goldmine 6.70.50123. I know its Probably not the best idea to use a version so old but I have no choice. We have been having an issue where spam messages are being forwarded to an email address. All users with this issue are sending it to the same email address and that email address happens to be the CEO's email address. He doesn't seem to be getting them, which is good, but The forwards show up in a few users sent box and they are going berserk worried that they might be sending them to clients as well. Has anyone had a similar issue and do you have any fixes?

Also any general tips and fixes to streamline the removal of spam would be great. Our email is run through a Linux spam filter called spam assassin before it get to our system, and although it does catch a majority of it, all the users still get about 20 - 30 spam messages per day.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back