Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Auto forwarding scheduled activities

Status
Not open for further replies.

awoodall

IS-IT--Management
Aug 19, 2005
US
Please help. Some of my users are experiencing issues with some auto forwarding scheduled activities - searching the number of records process. I am new to goldmine but this issue does not allow them to function properly. Does anyone have any ideas??

Probably more like "auto forwarding scheduled activities". I suspect they're on an older DELL with windows 98 or 2000 and have a Dell-branded diamond video card.

Have they ever used GoldMine from that machine? If not, then you can straighten this out by right-clicking on the windows desktop and going to Properties. Then to the Settings tab, Advanced button and then to the Troubleshooting tab. Kick the slider down a notch or two and restart the machine. Then start GoldMine. Does the annoying pop-up continue? If it does, rinse, lather and repeat by ticking the acceleration slider in the troubleshooting area down another notch and rebooting again as needed until the behavior no-longer happens. Keep in mind, of course, that lowering this setting will reduce performance in video games for the user(s).. ;)

Doug Castell
Castell Computers
(310)601-4738

Ok the issue seemed to resolve itself. It seems to be a common issue, but not one that lasts. I found another forum where a user had the same issue. Here is the link.

It does not seem to be an isssue with the card since my users laptop is rather new and a HP. I will try the settings fix if the issue returns.

Has anyone found an answer to this? This has happened to me twice, and each time it runs it's course for a day and then ends, but that day I hear it from the users. Any help would be appreciated.

Also (I should have mentioned earlier...sorry) this is only an issue with citrix users. The local users do not experience this. I did have them try to adjust their display settings, no luck but they have been using the same pc right along. Thanks again.

It seems that this issue has alot of people stummped I have found this in an old Tek-Tips thread. thread868-612179, Thanks for all the help, but I think the only solution for this may be time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back