Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Auto Form Refresh

Status
Not open for further replies.

Engleberth

Instructor
Oct 6, 2003
GB
I am after a method whereby a given form automatically refreshes the data displayed on it after approx 5min. I've looked into using sleep etc. but this method is rather too resource heavy. Is there any other way this can be done considering that the form may not have any other activity occur on it for a given period of time thus making a standard form.refresh command too infrequent.

Just for reference the data displayed is a value for the number of files holding in a predefined directory waiting to be processed.

You can use a timer for this.

And by the way; sleep is NOT resource heavy, it just "shuts down" your thread; no resources consumed at all...

Greetings,
Rick

OK my mistake - I'm sure the system slowed down when I used the sleep command as at the time I couldn't see any difference between using that & creating a predefined duration null loop. Must have been something else influencing :)

I've had a look & it seems a good thread on timer use was

Thanks for your advice LazyMe

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back