Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Auto end a hung application

Status
Not open for further replies.

rrajarat

MIS
Oct 8, 2002
US
I am running a windows 2000 server with 2 sesions of Reflection for Unix (Unix connectivity tool). About once a day when a file is being transfered one of the sessions will hang. When I check the file on the unix server the transfer is complete. This causes some problems because once the file is transfered it is suppoed to be processed. As a result of this the file isn't processed and the application that initiated the transfer is also hung. So to solve this I have had to log in at various times in the day to end the Reflection sessions and restart the transfer.

What I would like is for some application to detect that the sessions are hung and end them. That way after waiting for 15 minutes the user can assume the transfer wasn't complete and try again.

Does anybody know of any software that would do this?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back