Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Auto Dialer Software or Hardware

Status
Not open for further replies.

whender

IS-IT--Management
Feb 19, 2003
US
I do not know where this question really belongs, so I hope I do not ruffle any feathers putting it here. I have a customer that manages a retire community of around 200 condos and houses on the property. He needs to communicate with the tenants on a somewhat regular basis. He would like to send a single voice message to all tenants in the complex regarding building work being done, parking lot changes, outages, program changes, and any emergency situations that may arise. Each tenant is free to have their own phone service. These are elderly people and are not really proficient in the use of emails, texts, and other modern day mass communication methods. I told him he should use a service to do the messaging, but he doesn't think the board will go for the expense to allow him the communication freedom he needs to do the way he thinks the job should be done.

Does anyone have any ideas on how this could be done. I thought Viking had a product called a k-6000-dva which would allow him to contact up to 1000 people with a message. Unfortunately, Viking has discontinued this product. They have a k-2000-dva, but I am not certain I am smart to get this to work the way I want it too. It has 8 inputs capable of dialing 8 numbers on each unit. Yielding 64 numbers total. But only 8 can be triggered at a time per 1 input.

thanks for the help in advance.

wayne

There are hardware solutions that hook into your PBX, such as DAKS by Impact Technologies: I would still think that a service might be more cost effective, such as Call-Em-All: but the customer is always right, especially when they are writing the checks!

LoPath
Maintain HiPath 4000 V5 & V6, OpenScape Xpert V4 & V6, OpenScape Xpressions V7, OpenScape Contact Center V8, OpenScape Voice V9

An emetrotel UCX with the scheduled announcements package and voipms sip trunks. Will do exactly what you want.

Tks for the replies... bin

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back