Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Auto Dial

Status
Not open for further replies.

ithd06

Technical User
Feb 24, 2006
CA
Hi,
One of our departments has a frequently called number list of 25+ external numbers that they are manually dialing.

They would like to set up an autodial button that would automatically connect them to each of these numbers, just by pressing the autodial and then 1, 2, 3, etc.

Is this possible? Let me know if you need more information or if my description is unclear.

Thanks in advance!
JW

yes, look up ssc station speed call.. ld 18 new scl, decide on the max digits and the number of entries and program it, asigning it a number... the on each phone add key x ssu x, that allows that person to use it.. add key x ssc x and that give one (or more) people access to make changes

john poole
bellsouth business
columbia,sc

Thanks John. So, the end user would then press the scl from their set? How would they do that?

Program one of your feature keys as SCC (speed call Controller) First be sure you have speed call lists built in the switch. Then assign the speed call list number to the feature key on set. Let them program their own sped call list.
They then acces dial tone press speed call button enter the 1, 2, or 3 digit speed number they assigned to a particular call they wish to make
I.E. Speed call entry 00 speed call dials 91800255288 (CALL ATT) or whatever they programmed for 00

MIKE

Code:
TYPE: scl

LSNO 80

SIZE 12
RNGE

SCNO 0080
SCL

DNSZ 20
STOR 00 918
STOR 01 918
STOR 02 9180
STOR 03 918
STOR 04 913
STOR 05 9180
STOR 06
STOR 07 9
STOR 08 9434
STOR 09 91800
STOR 10 974
STOR 11

here;s the one on my phone with the numbers a little shorter then actual,,the key on my 3904

Code:
  04 SCC 0080

if i press key 4 then 11 i can store that entry.. anyone else that needs the same numbers would have a scu key.. pick a line press the scc or scu key and the 2 digit number.. if the customer has a list of 20 numbers, in excel i use that to program the entries and show one person how to maintain that list as well as an set of email instructions... they can save time

john poole
bellsouth business
columbia,sc

Code:
ld 18

REQ  new
TYPE scl
LSNO 200 [COLOR=red] any unused speed call number[/color]
DNSZ 21  [COLOR=blue] how many digits max [/color]
        24 [b] switch rounds it up [/b]
SIZE 99 [COLOR=red] how many entries max [/color]

john poole
bellsouth business
columbia,sc

Thanks John,
Is there a limit to the number of entries in each speed call list?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back