Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Auto Dial keys on 1230ip phone

Status
Not open for further replies.

Groseclose

Vendor
Jan 25, 2018
US
I am able to program AD keys on the phone and they will dial the number when pressed but will not show up as busy.
They are off of a BCM 450 Rls 6.0.
They are at a remote site.
Wondering if there is a setting to check in the network switch at the remote site or possible setting in the configuration of the phone.

Odd, I had this issue today at a site.
I have seen this the very odd time and wondered why and what the fix was.

In my case today I had a back door line that they wanted to ring 12 times on ALL sets before going to AA where the main lines went to AA right away.
I tried using HG' while making the line Appear Only but it did not work even if the HG was A&P or Ring Only.
In trying to use HG's I made the lines Private to wipe the line off all sets and just added the HG's but they had to have an appearance of the line so I put them back, dropped the HG method and went old school...

I removed FNA from all sets
Set Transfer Callback to 3 rings
Set DRT to None
Set Lines - Prime Set to None
Now all calls transferred by AA go to the mailbox after 4 rings and the backdoor line rings 12 times on all sets then AA.
First complaint within minutes - "my DSS does not show the arrow when he is on the phone"
I reprogrammed the button with F*2 even thought it was programmed, called in with mobile phone, he answered and the indicator showed fine as it should....I did not test other calls in any other way or any other set.

So what ever steps I did above somehow jarred the DSS button to have the same symptom as you do.

0X32
Not sure on the software level but it had Hunt Groups and no ability to program an unused DN.
I am guessing 2.0

Add me to LinkedIN

small-logo-sig.png

=----(((((((((()----=
Toronto, CAN

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back