Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Auto Dial auto-attendant on Lift Handset after 4.2 upgrade

Status
Not open for further replies.

jmock

IS-IT--Management
Oct 2, 2006
US
I have an analog phone in a call box on the outside of the building. I want it to automatically call a auto-attendant I have setup for this phone.
I have it using ?D and then calling 2004, 2004 is a short code to voicemail collect "outsidedoor".

What I get now is a single long tone, and "call rejected" if I try the same thing on a digital phone.

This was working when I was on 3.2, I just upgrade to 4.2 and now it no longer works.

Any ideas?

Try changing the number dialed to a vacant station or hunt group with no members with the name of "outsidedoor" and change the feature to 'Dial Ext'. The call should then follow the coverage path and the name "outsidedoor" will match with the auto att you've set up.

Make sure it's set to Dial extn as the feature not just dial.

ACS - IP Office Implement

works to call an extension but not a shortcode, you have to create a phantom user that you forward unconditionally to the shortcode then it will work.
user shortcode
?D3456
dial extn

then forward the user 3456 to 2004 and it will work, tested on a 406 running 4.2

Joe W.

FHandw., ACS

If you can't be good, be good at it!

I ended up creating a phantom users.
That works fine, thank you.

And just to rant,

What a needless change.
Any idea why the removed the option of auto calling a shortcode? It just adds more complexity now.

I never had the need for that so they might not have known that anybody uses it. I had some trouble getting it working even to an extension and I spend probably an hour on this thing until I got it to do that but I saw your post and figured that there must be a way.

Cheers

Joe W.

FHandw., ACS

If you can't be good, be good at it!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back