Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

auto creating Schema scripts????

Status
Not open for further replies.

jkhilton

MIS
Aug 14, 2002
GB
appologies if this isn't clear, I am very new to SQL server 2000.

I have been asked to find out if there is anyway of automatically generating an SQL script of our schemas.
I know how to generate the script manually by right clicking and selecting all tasks - generate sql script... but was wondering if this could be automated as we have about 15 databases and it can be time consuming to go through each one manually.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

John

SQLDMO provides an excellent and easy to use interface to SQL Server from a variety of software such as VB, VB Script, or Access VBA. You can use SQLDMO to script all databases on a server. I use it to script all databases on all of our servers each week. See faq183-1637 - "How can I script my SQL Server databases from Visual Basic?"

See also...

There are some partial T-SQL solutions available on various websites but I've not seen a complete scripting solution done in T-SQL. Terry L. Broadbent - DBA
Computing Links:
faq183-874 contains "Suggestions for Getting Quick and Appropriate Answers" to your questions.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back