Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Auto created printers get created, but no printer attached!

Status
Not open for further replies.

l9nux

Technical User
May 14, 2002
GB
I've got a problem with Citrix auto created client printers. For some reason, all of my clients are getting printers auto created that aren't even connected. Everybody gets the same printers on USB1, COM1, COM2 and UPD:pS.

Has anyone seen this before? I can disable auto created client printers, but doing this will stop users that really do have printers attached. Any pointers?

-=L9NUX=-

-= There's no place like 127.0.0.1 =-

Hi,

Ensure that the printers weren't there to begin with, sounds like left over printers.

If you can, kick your users off, reboot, ensure no printers are there, then let your users back on!

Cheers,
Carl.

As far as I know there were not printers connected, but the odd thing is that every single client gets these printers installed as HP Colour LaserJet PS. We don't even have these printers!

I have rebooted the server, and they still appear. Very strange, but I really need to stop this happening as the clients default printers are wrong as it's defaulting to the mystery client printer rather than the network printer.

-=L9NUX=-

-= There's no place like 127.0.0.1 =-

Hi,

Go into the CMC and choose the printers tab, then look at the Mapping, do you have any wierd entries with that printer? If so, delete them!

Cheers,
Carl.

OGI is right about left over printers, you should check the printers configured on the server. If you don't have printers plugged in to the server delete all that don't have the 'auto created' in their properties. If a user changes the settings of a printer within the MetaFrame session, sometimes the printers don't go away when they logout and they need to be deleted manually.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back