Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Auto Create Access 2000 forms with Text boxes

Status
Not open for further replies.

ledsoft

Programmer
Sep 12, 2001
US
I am in the need of assistance to create a Form based upon a queries results. After creating the Form, I need to save it as a specific name and make it appear as a subform to the Form that triggers the routine.

I have serached the MS site and found a tidbit of code but it did not work very well.

Any help would be deeply appreciated.

Thanks,
Bruce

ledsoft

I would use the Forms wizard. Instead of using a table to create the form, use your query.

Modify the form as required.

When you exit, you will be asked what name to save the form as.

Then open your "master" form in desing mode.

Point to the subform in the form listing window and drag it to the master form.

Right click on the subform, go into properties, data tab and set the "link" parameters so that the two forms are linked.

A "Hands-on" book would provide a graphical example of these instructions.

Richard

thread702-594769
Thread703-481600

MichaelRed
m.red@att.net

Searching for employment in all the wrong places

Thanks guys for your help. The users that use this appl. are not very computer literate at all, so this has to be automated as much as possible.

I have been a programmer for several years and I never need to do anything like this before.

Thanks once again guys.

Call on me if I can be of any assistance.

Bruce

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back