Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

auto connection configuration

Status
Not open for further replies.

wlords34

IS-IT--Management
Sep 7, 2012
US
ok this started with a simple cert error when outlook launched, no other issues email is fine. now my cert is already issued to included first.exch.com and sec.exch.com

so mailbox on first.server.local check connection status from outlook = first.exch.com as its supposed to, as does testing the auto config

mailbox on sec.server.local (gets ccert error) connection status from outlook = sec.server.local, as does testing auto config....hence the issue

where/how do i set this differently? everwhere i look between first and second match with "get-outlookanywhere -id" cmds i am at a loss.

followed several tips from google searches and managed to get everything else in test auto config to match (sec.exch.com) but still the connection status points to the server.

PLease help

fist and sec exch.com are on the cert, the internal servername is not. which explains the error. i want to make autodiscover for outlook to use sec.exch.com and not that internal servername.

am i doing things wrong?

You should also have the autodiscover.domain.com, and you should configure your internal and external URL settings for OWA, EAS, OAB, ECP, and autodiscover. Look at the Set-OABVirtualDirectory, Set-WebServicesVirtualDirectory, Set-ECPVirtualDirectory, Set-OWAVirtualDirectory, Set-ActiveSyncVirtualDirectory and Set-ClientAccessServer cmdlets.

Do you have your Tek-Tips.com Swag? I've got mine!

Stop by the new Tek-Tips group at LinkedIn.

i think i'm getting closer "get-autodiscovervirtualdirectory" nets me an internal url for one server in site1

site2 its blank, so i tried to "set-autodiscovervirtualdirectory -identitny "my servername" -internalURL

but errors out with can't be performed object myserver.mydomain does not exist.....it very much does, what are the parameters i should ebe using, just the server name no?

just a followup should anyone else come across.

the command needs to be made at the mailbox level set-mailboxdatabase "db name" -rpcclientaccess "arrayname.company.com"

all is working good now

That gets set automatically if you create the CAS array before creating databases during the build (which is highly recommended). Even if you configure it after the fact, you can still run into problems with mailboxes that were created before Set-MailboxDatabase is run. The solution for mailboxes created before the CAS array is assigned is to run a REPAIR on the Outlook profile for those users.

Do you have your Tek-Tips.com Swag? I've got mine!

Stop by the new Tek-Tips group at LinkedIn.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back