Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Auto Changer disabled/nsrlcpd is not running for this jukebox

Status
Not open for further replies.

intel233

MIS
Feb 24, 2007
US
I am getting the above errors. I am running this under Windows Server 2003. The server was rebooted and now I have nothing but problems. I am not familiar with this software so please try to be as specific as possible.
1. How do I enable the autochanger?
2. How do I fix:nsrlcpd is not running for this jukebox?

TIA

A bit more beef on the burger, like the NetWorker version, would definitively raise the chance for a proper answer.

Assuming that you do run one of the latest versions you will find in the NetWorker Admin GUI:
Devices tab > Libraries > your_jukebox_name > properties > General tab
However, the jukebox should not disable itself just due to a reboot.

The library control program should be (re-)started by the NW server automatically. If not, it might be that the client listener (nsrexecd.exe) on the controlling host (if not the server itself) has not started properly.

May i also suggest that you as a total novice look for an experienced person as this problem might not be easy to solve. And a personal inspection of the systems would definitively help.

With windows it could be a device disordering problems.

run inquire in a cmd shell of your networker server.
notice the scsi control port for the device changer0. It should be of the format a.b.c e.g 12.1.0 .
Now open the nmc, go to devices, select your library and then "properties".
There is a control port attribute that must match exactly the string given back by the inquire command.
If necesary change the string an leave the library properties. Reenter the properties of the library and enable the library. After a few minutes the library should get ready. If not, stop nsrexecd :
net stop nsrexecd /Y

And start all daemons again:
net start nsrexecd
net start nsrd
net start gstd.

If this does not help follow 605 and post more details or open a call with emc.

Good luck

I restarted the tape library and then restarted the server and it is working.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back